Wednesday, May 16, 2007

14.05.2007 - It's raining!

After several days of doing nothing and admiring the beautiful sun, we finally had some rain, and hey – even some hail! J But before all that we had a lot of fun with throwing around the ball. I also managed to get sunburns and injure my finger. The day didn't start out that good, thankfully there was some rain to look for, hehe.

In the afternoon towers began to rise to our NW and W. We were observing them for a while and when 2 storms appeared on the radar we moved to the W on I40. Nothing special and nothing organized, they soon lined out. There were lots of down-bursts, gustnadoes and I even managed to take images of 3 tiny funnel clouds. Later we encountered some hail N of I40, but the amount of it wasn't enough for one glass of lemonade.


We wanted to get at least some lightning shots, so we followed the line down to Beatrice, NE but the it was not that electrified and it was also a bit to distant. I managed to miss all the nice looking bolts. Oh well, at least it was cold enough for my sunburns. ;)

Gallery from the 14th May

No comments: