Thursday, May 10, 2007

05.05.2007 - Arrival to Dallas, Tx

Finally! THE day is here, I was waiting for it for a long time. My first flight was delayed for approx. 15 minutes and I was a bit worried about the transfer flight in Zurich. Anyway, all went smooth and I somehow survived the long flight from Zurich to Dallas (solving Sudoku in highest difficulty helps a lot :) ).

After the landing I caught up with Esa and we were on our way through the customs. At that time he told me about Jimmy's message and I was totaly unaware about the weather situtation. After the customs we stopped for a break to decide what to do next and then we saw the footage from Greensburg, Ks on the news. Oh my goodness, I was a bit shocked when I found out the town was obliterated, but finally understood why we had to wait 1 day for the pick up (HIGH RISK day, yay!). Anyway, we took a cab to the motel where we slept last year when we arrived and to my surprise I remembered a lot about the Dallas! I even recognized the place we ate on the 27. april 2006. :) Brings back lots of nice memories...

No comments: